This is only the beginning… much more to come, BUT:
We MUST Push
We MUST Mobilize
We MUST Sell a Boatload of Tickets This Weekend.
We MUST Do This RIGHT NOW.
In solidarity, all of our connections & network MUST Buy Advance Tickets for MUMIA in Philadelphia!
Showing at the Landmark Ritz at the Bourse, 400 Ranstead Street, May 3rd – 9th. The more tickets we sell now, the greater chance the film will be shown in the largest capacity theater at the Ritz, the more people we can get to pack the house to experience Mumia’s story… And even more important, the more shows that are packed (and/or SOLD OUT) between now and May 3rd, the greater chance the film has of being held over for a second week, creating more of an ongoing, serious change in the conversation around Mumia in Philadelphia. Let’s make it impossible for the so-called City of Brotherly Love to ignore us.
But, even more important:
LET’S MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR A LARGE CORPORATE THEATER CHAIN TO CAVE IN TO THE PRESSURE IT WILL SURELY RECEIVE TO CANCEL THE MOVIE. HERE’S HOW:
(1) Encourage groups to buy tickets to a particular show NOW and work out the details later.
(2) Encourage individuals to buy tickets to any first weekend show NOW and decide who to invite later.
(3) Encourage folks to buy more than one or two tickets… tell them they will always find a friend or relative to go.
(4) Encourage folks to buy and donate 5-10-15-20 tickets to a church, a school, a community center, a senior citizens community, a bookstore, a political organization…
(5) Encourage folks from all corners of the country & planet who love freedom, justice, and truly care about shining a light on Mumia’s struggle to buy and donate tickets to pack the house NOW.
Follow the link below and choose a date from May 3-9 (right now we’re really focused on May 3, 4, 5) and you’ll see four showtimes a day for Mumia. Pick a showtime and buy your tickets — up to 10 tickets at once. Matinees are $6.50, later showings are $9.50. There is a $1 service fee per ticket.
Like I said on the phone call yesterday, people are always asking “what can I do to help Mumia’s cause?” Well, at this time, on this day, at this moment in history – this is what they can do… a great way to help create change for a few bucks. There is no magic wand that will wave and free Mumia from the ties that bind. Only diligent hard work – hard work like EMAJ, ICFFMAJ, all the movements, Pam Africa, Ramona Africa, Johanna Fernandez, Frances Goldin, Suzanne Ross, Rachel Wolkenstein, Tameka Cage, Martha Conley, Mark Taylor, and all the people I’ve met who are inspirational to me in their commitment, drive, and desire to free Mumia Abu-Jamal.
This is the time to wake Philadelphia up. The critics will be harsh, they will be ugly. The theater filled with people that care will combat the fear and hate with love.
We will work to get luminaries there for the Philly opening, we will work with the Philly-based PR person to work the media, the organizations, etc. But RIGHT NOW, nothing – NOTHING – will beat ticket sales.
Let’s do it. Today. Tomorrow. Saturday. Sunday . . . and beyond. Send us your updates over the next few days on how it’s going.
Let’s engage… onamove.